Norway has a rich of real world data sources, which have been used for research and publications.
When we focus on Norway’s mandated/national registries, we find a rich source of interesting and varied high-quality real-world data.
Below is a table displaying the Norwegian mandated/national registries currently available.
Sample high impact publications from selected registries:
Norwegian Patient Registry
- Atkinson MA, Eisenbarth GS, Michels AW. Type 1 diabetes. Lancet. 2014 Jan 4;383(9911):69–82.
- Tsai M-J, Hsu C-Y, Sheu C-C. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2017 19;377(16):1602.
- Norris R. Survival in acute myocardial infarction. Lancet. 2014 Nov 1;384(9954):1574.
Medical Birth Registry of Norway
- Duarte-Salles T, von Stedingk H, Granum B, Gützkow KB, Rydberg P, Törnqvist M, et al. Dietary acrylamide intake during pregnancy and fetal growth-results from the Norwegian mother and child cohort study (MoBa). Environ Health Perspect. 2013 Mar;121(3):374–9.
- Håberg SE, Trogstad L, Gunnes N, Wilcox AJ, Gjessing HK, Samuelsen SO, et al. Risk of fetal death after pandemic influenza virus infection or vaccination. N Engl J Med. 2013 Jan 24;368(4):333–40.
- Strand KM, Heimstad R, Iversen A-C, Austgulen R, Lydersen S, Andersen GL, et al. Mediators of the association between pre-eclampsia and cerebral palsy: population-based cohort study. BMJ. 2013 Jul 9;347:f4089.
- Brantsæter AL, Torjusen H, Meltzer HM, Papadopoulou E, Hoppin JA, Alexander J, et al. Organic Food Consumption during Pregnancy and Hypospadias and Cryptorchidism at Birth: The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study (MoBa). Environ Health Perspect. 2016 Mar;124(3):357–64.
Norwegian Cause of Death Registry
- Johannessen A, Skorge TD, Bottai M, Grydeland TB, Nilsen RM, Coxson H, et al. Mortality by level of emphysema and airway wall thickness. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Mar 15;187(6):602–8.
- Gagnum V, Stene LC, Leivestad T, Joner G, Skrivarhaug T. Long-term Mortality and End-Stage Renal Disease in a Type 1 Diabetes Population Diagnosed at Age 15-29 Years in Norway. Diabetes Care. 2017;40(1):38–45.
- Gunter MJ, Murphy N, Cross AJ, Dossus L, Dartois L, Fagherazzi G, et al. Coffee Drinking and Mortality in 10 European Countries: A Multinational Cohort Study. Ann Intern Med. 2017 Aug 15;167(4):236–47.
- Birkeland KI, Jørgensen ME, Carstensen B, Persson F, Gulseth HL, Thuresson M, et al. Cardiovascular mortality and morbidity in patients with type 2 diabetes following initiation of sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors versus other glucose-lowering drugs (CVD-REAL Nordic): a multinational observational analysis. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017 Sep;5(9):709–17.
Norwegian Drug Registry
- Furu K, Kieler H, Haglund B, Engeland A, Selmer R, Stephansson O, et al. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine in early pregnancy and risk of birth defects: population based cohort study and sibling design. BMJ. 2015 Apr 17;350:h1798.
- Bains SJ, Mahic M, Myklebust TÅ, Småstuen MC, Yaqub S, Dørum LM, et al. Aspirin As Secondary Prevention in Patients With Colorectal Cancer: An Unselected Population-Based Study. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Jul 20;34(21):2501–8.
- Haaland GS, Falk RS, Straume O, Lorens JB. Association of Warfarin Use With Lower Overall Cancer Incidence Among Patients Older Than 50 Years. JAMA Intern Med. 2017 Dec 1;177(12):1774–80.
Norwegian Cancer Registry
- Scelo G, Muller DC, Riboli E, Johannson M, Cross AJ, Vineis P, et al. KIM-1 as a blood-based marker for early detection of kidney cancer: a prospective nested case-control study. Clin Cancer Res. 2018 Jul 23;
- Lüchtenborg M, Morris EJA, Tataru D, Coupland VH, Smith A, Milne RL, et al. Investigation of the international comparability of population-based routine hospital data set derived comorbidity scores for patients with lung cancer. Thorax. 2018 Apr;73(4):339–49.
Disease / intervention specific registries:
In addition to the national registries, there are also a great variety of disease / intervention specific registries. More information about these registries will come later, but for now here are a few of the areas covered.
If you would like to get more information about RWE and country sources, sign up to our monthly newsletter today!